Health & Safety
Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- To provide information, instruction, and supervision for employees.
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training, instruction, & supervision.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Benning Construction are committed to ensuring the highest Health & Safety Standards are provided on all projects.
We work and adhere to our Health & Safety Management System developed in accordance with the latest best practices. We have an excellent Health & Safety record with zero reportable accidents.
We recognise that Health & Safety training is fundamentally important to a successful forward-thinking business. We believe it forms a key role in ensuring the competence of the workforce. One of the directors of Benning Construction is a NEBOSH qualified health and safety, environmental professional.
Along with using modern techniques, we have a skilled workforce in all aspects of civil engineering and electrical installation and all our operatives carry nationally recognised qualifications from CPCS to CSCS cards. All our supervisors are SSSTS trained. We are also ISO 9001 & 14001 accredited.